‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League‘ (as it’s officially titled), commonly referred to as the “Snyder Cut”, is an upcoming director’s cut of the 2017 American superhero film Justice League based on the DC Comics superhero team of the same name.
It presents Justice League—the fifth film of the DC Extended Universe (DCEU).
But, what can we expect about this film? Here’s everything you need to know so far about this film:
Table of Contents
‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ Cast
- Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Henry Cavill as Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman
- Gal Gadot as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
- Ezra Miller as Barry Allen / The Flash
- Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry / Aquaman
- Ray Fisher as Victor Stone / Cyborg
- Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth
- Diane Lane as Martha Kent
- Connie Nielsen as Hippolyta
- J. K. Simmons as James Gordon
- Ciarán Hinds as Steppenwolf
- Joe Morton as Silas Stone
- Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor
- Joe Manganiello as Slade Wilson / Deathstroke
- Amber Heard as Mera
- Harry Lennix as Calvin Swanwick / J’onn J’onzz / Martian Manhunter
- Kiersey Clemons as Iris West
- Willem Dafoe as Nuidis Vulko
- Zheng Kai as Ryan Choi
- Karen Bryson as Elinore Stone
- Julian Lewis Jones as Ancient Atlantean King
- Peter Guinness as DeSaad: Darkseid’s master torturer.
- Ray Porter as Uxas / Darkseid
- Marc McClure as Officer Ben Sadowsky
- Jared Leto as the Joker
Affleck, Cavill, Miller, Fisher, Manganiello, Heard and Leto all participated in the filming of new footage in October 2020.
The rest of the cast’s appearances are taken from pre-existing footage shot during the original production.
‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ Plot
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists newfound ally Diana Prince to face an even greater threat.
Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to recruit a team to stand against this newly awakened enemy.
Despite the formation of an unprecedented league of heroes — Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and the Flash — it may be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
‘The Snyder Cut’ Release date
The Snyder Cut finally has a release date.
Director Zack Snyder’s new version of the 2017 DC Comics superhero film “Justice League” will premiere on HBO Max on March 18, 2021, WarnerMedia announced.
The DC Extended Universe superhero adventure will debut as a full-length Max Original, according to HBO, not in four separate hour-long parts as originally planned.
Another interesting development is that Zack Snyder’s Justice League will be presented in a different aspect ratio to the original film.
The Snyder Cut will be available in the 1.66.1 ratio, known widely as “European widescreen,” which will result in viewers seeing black bars on either side of the image when they watch on HBO Max.
‘Zack Snyder’s Justice League’ Trailer
If you haven’t watch the trailer yet, so watch it here:
So, how was the trailer? Did you like it? Do share your thoughts about it in the comments section given at the end of this post.
HBO Max is preparing to finally release the Snyder Cut and fans won’t have to wait much longer to get their eyes on director Zack Snyder’s true vision for Justice League.
The retooled version of the superhero blockbuster will finally hit the streaming service on March 18th
Fans can now mark the date on their calendar and start arranging virtual watch parties for Zack Snyder’s Justice League, which has a runtime of around four hours.