‘Top Gun: Maverick’ is an upcoming American action drama film.
It is directed by Joseph Kosinski from a screenplay by Ehren Kruger, Eric Warren Singer, and Christopher McQuarrie and a story by Peter Craig and Justin Marks. It is the sequel to 1986’s Top Gun.
But, what can we expect from this film? Here’s everything we know about it so far.
Table of Contents
Maverick Cast: Who’s in ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Cast
- Tom Cruise as Captain Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a test pilot and flight instructor.
- Miles Teller as Lieutenant Bradley “Rooster” Bradshaw, a pilot trainee, and the son of Maverick’s late RIO, Nick “Goose” Bradshaw.
- Jennifer Connelly as Penny Benjamin
- Jon Hamm as Vice Admiral Cyclone
- Glen Powell as “Hangman”, a pilot trainee
- Lewis Pullman as Bob, a pilot trainee
- Ed Harris as a rear admiral who is Maverick’s superior.
- Val Kilmer as Admiral Tom “Iceman” Kazansky
- Monica Barbaro as “Phoenix”, pilot trainee
- Charles Parnell as a rear admiral Warlock
- Danny Ramirez as “Fanboy”, Payback’s WSO
- Manny Jacinto as Fritz
- Bashir Salahuddin as Coleman
- Jay Ellis as Payback
- Jake Picking
- Raymond Lee
- Lyliana Wray
- Jean Louisa Kelly
- Greg Davis
- Bob Stephenson
‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Premise: What’s ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ About?
The story follows, Pete “Maverick” Mitchell keeps pushing the envelope after years of service as one of the Navy’s top aviators.
He must soon confront the past while training a new squad of graduates for a dangerous mission that demands the ultimate sacrifice.
Trailer: Watch ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Trailer here
The trailer released at Comic-Con International on July 18, 2019. After that Paramount Pictures has shared it on YouTube on July 19, 2019.
If you haven’t watched it yet, so the trailer is here:
So, how was the trailer? Did you like it? Do share your thoughts about it in the comments section given at the end of this post.
‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Movie Release date: When is ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ released?
Top Gun: Maverick was previously scheduled to be released by Paramount Pictures on July 12, 2019. In August 2018, it was delayed to June 26, 2020.
On March 2, 2020, Paramount moved the film up two days early on June 24, 2020.
On April 2, 2020, it was delayed to December 23 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
In July 2020, the film was once again delayed to July 2, 2021, partially due to scheduling conflicts with Cruise, as well as a spike in COVID-19 cases following recent.
Tom Cruise responded to the delay with a message to fans: “I know many of you have waited 34 years. Unfortunately, it will be a little longer.”
In April 2021, the film was delayed once again to November 19, 2021.
So, now it is scheduled to be released on November 19, 2021, in the United States. After 45 days of its theatrical release it will streamed on Paramount+.
Finally, ‘Top Gun: Maverick’ movie is coming out in the United States on July 2, 2021, by Paramount Pictures. King Richard is also coming out on the same day.
So, these are the major information about the film. Are you excited for to watch it? Let us know in the comments section given at the end of this post.