‘The Batman’ is an upcoming American action, crime, superhero, drama film based on the DC Comics character of the same name.
Produced by DC Films and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, it is a reboot of the Batman film franchise. It is a reboot of the Batman film franchise.
The film is directed by Matt Reeves, who wrote the screenplay with Peter Craig.
But, what can we expect from this film? Here’s everything we know about it so far.
Table of Contents
‘The Batman’ Cast
- Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Zoë Kravitz as Selina Kyle / Catwoman: a cat burglar.
- Paul Dano as Edward Nashton / Riddler: A newly emerged criminal who is obsessed with riddles.
- Jeffrey Wright as James Gordon: An ally of Batman in the Gotham City Police Department. Wright is the first actor of color to portray the character.
- John Turturro as Carmine Falcone: A Gotham crime lord.
- Peter Sarsgaard as Gil Colson: Gotham’s district attorney.
- Barry Keoghan as Stanley Merkel: An officer in the Gotham City Police Department.
- Jayme Lawson as Bella Reál: A mayoral candidate in Gotham.
- Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth: Batman’s butler and mentor.
- Colin Farrell as Oswald “Oz” Cobblepot / Penguin: A rising crime lord. According to Reeves, the film is set at a time when Cobblepot dislikes being referred to as the Penguin. For the role, Farrell gained weight and wore prosthetic-based makeup.
Additionally, Alex Ferns portrays Commissioner Pete Savage, while Rupert Penry-Jones,
Gil Perez-Abraham, and twins Charlie and Max Carver have been cast in undisclosed roles.
‘The Batman’ Plot
In his second year of fighting crime, Bruce Wayne aka Batman explores the corruption that plagues his hometown of Gotham City, as well as how it may tie to his own family, and coming into conflict with the serial killer, The Riddler.
‘The Batman’ Trailer
The trailer was out in 2020, if you haven’t Watch the trailer yet so you can watch it here:
So, how was the trailer? Did you like it? Do share your thoughts about it in the comments section given at the end of this post.
‘The Batman’ Release date
The Batman had been previously set for release on 25th June 2021 in both the UK and USA, but it was pushed back to October 1, 2021 both times after Warner Bros. adjusted its release schedule due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Now it has been finally scheduled to be released on 4th March 2022.
As of January 2020, filming had officially started as confirmed by director Matt Reeves on Twitter, but The Batman filming was halted due to the ongoing pandemic in March.
Reeves told Deadline in April that roughly a quarter of the movie has been filmed, meaning there’s still a sizeable amount of work to do before editing can begin.
— Matt Reeves (@mattreevesLA) January 27, 2020
By September 3, filming had resumed for three days at Leavesden Studios, only to be put on pause again after Pattinson tested positive for COVID-19. After which filming resumed on September 17, after Pattinson was cleared to return to set.
Filming wrapped on March 13, 2021.
The Batman is finally coming out in 2022 on Friday, March 4, 2022. I figure that a 2022 drop offered the best chance for a theatrical-only opening-day/week/month/multi-month release of ‘The Batman’.
So, what are you think about its new release date? Is you considered it a blessing? Let us know in the comments section given at the end of this post?