‘The Batman’ is an upcoming American action, crime, superhero drama film based on the DC Comics character of the same name.
Produced by DC Films and 6th & Idaho, and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, it is a reboot of the Batman film franchise. It is a reboot of the Batman film franchise.
The film is directed by Matt Reeves, who wrote the screenplay with Peter Craig.
But, what can we expect from this film? Here’s everything we know about it so far.
Table of Contents
‘The Batman’ Cast
- Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Zoë Kravitz as Selina Kyle / Catwoman: a cat burglar.
- Paul Dano as Edward Nashton / Riddler: A newly emerged criminal who is obsessed with riddles.
- Jeffrey Wright as James Gordon: An ally of Batman in the Gotham City Police Department. Wright is the first actor of color to portray the character.
- John Turturro as Carmine Falcone: A Gotham City crime lord.
- Peter Sarsgaard as Gil Colson: Gotham’s district attorney.
- Barry Keoghan as Stanley Merkel: An officer in the Gotham City Police Department.
- Jayme Lawson as Bella Reál: A mayoral candidate in Gotham City.
- Andy Serkis as Alfred Pennyworth: Batman’s butler and mentor.
- Colin Farrell as Oswald “Oz” Cobblepot / Penguin: A rising crime lord. According to Reeves, the film is set at a time when Cobblepot dislikes being referred to as the Penguin. For the role, Farrell gained weight and wore prosthetic-based makeup.
Additionally, Alex Ferns portrays Commissioner Pete Savage, while Rupert Penry-Jones,
Gil Perez-Abraham, and twins Charlie and Max Carver have been cast in undisclosed roles.
‘The Batman’ Plot
In his second year of fighting fraud, Bruce Wayne (Batman) explores the corruption that blights his hometown of Gotham City, as well as how it may tie to his own family while he coming into conflict with the serial killer, The Riddler.
The Riddler plays a fatal game of cat and mouse with Batman and Commissioner Gordon in Gotham City.
Also Read: Batgirl Movie | Everything You Need to Know
‘The Batman’ Trailer
The trailer was out in 2020, if you haven’t Watch the trailer yet so you can watch it here:
So, how was the trailer? Did you like it? Do share your thoughts about it in the comments section given at the end of this post.
‘The Batman’ Release date
The Batman had been previously set for release on 25th June 2021 in both the UK and USA, but it was pushed back to October 1, 2021. And then it has been finally scheduled to be released on 4th March 2022. Both times after Warner Bros. adjusted its release schedule due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As of January 2020, filming had officially started as confirmed by director Matt Reeves on Twitter, but it was halted due to the ongoing pandemic in March.
Reeves told Deadline in April 2020, that roughly a quarter of the movie has been filmed, meaning there’s still a sizeable amount of work to do before editing can begin.
— Matt Reeves (@mattreevesLA) January 27, 2020
By September 3, at Leavesden Studios, filming had resumed for three days, only to be put on pause again after Pattinson tested positive for COVID-19. After that filming resumed on September 17, after Pattinson was cleared to return to set.
Filming wrapped on March 13, 2021.
In June 2021, Con O’Neill was revealed to be appearing in the film, by which time the production was planning to return in mid-July for a week of reshoots. These were expected to occur in Glasgow, at the Necropolis and Merchant City district, before moving to York, England, for another two weeks of reshoots until the end of July. Pattinson and Farrell were expected to be involved with the reshoots.
Meanwhile to, keep yourself updated about DC Super Pets with our article based on the latest information.
The Batman is finally coming out in 2022 on Friday, March 4, 2022. I figure that a 2022 drop offered the best chance for a theatrical-only opening-day/week/month/multi-month release of ‘The Batman’.
But, if you want to watch any DC movie at this time, so you can visit the DC Movies hub for the latest features…
So, what are you think about its new release date? Is you considered it a blessing? Let us know in the comments section given at the end of this post?