‘Halloween Kills’ is an upcoming American slasher film. It is directed by David Gordon Green and written by Green, Danny McBride and Scott Teems.
The film is a sequel to 2018’s Halloween and the twelfth installment in the Halloween franchise.
The producers of this film are Jason Blum , Malek Akkad and Bill Block.
But, what can we expect from this film? Here’s everything we know about it so far.
Table of Contents
Jason Blum’s words about “Halloween Kills (2021)’s” Release Date
“Halloween Kills” was supposed to be the blockbuster of the October movie season.
Green’s previous installment, the Blumhouse-backed 2018 “Halloween” reboot, opened to $76.2 million (the highest opening in the horror franchise’s history) and ended its run with a hefty $255 million globally.
The pandemic forced Universal and Blumhouse to announce in July “Halloween Kills” would be moving from October 16, 2020 to October 2021.
In a new interview with Forbes, producer Jason Blum says a second release delay is out of the question.
“If this is still going on next Halloween? No, we’re not holding it, Halloween Kills’ is coming out next October come hell or high water, vaccine or no vaccine. It is coming out”, Blum said.
“Halloween Kills” and “The Forever Purge” were the two Blumhouse franchise titles that bumped into 2021 as a result of the pandemic.
The studio’s “Craft” reboot, “The Craft: Legacy,” went a different course by abandoning its planned theatrical release for a PVOD launch on October 31.
Why save “Halloween Kills” for theaters and put “The Craft: Legacy” on PVOD? Blumhouse said timing was everything.
About ‘Halloween Kills (2021)’ Movie
‘Halloween Kills’ Cast
- Jamie Lee Curtis as Laurie Strode
- James Jude Courtney and Nick Castle as Michael Myers / The Shape
- Airon Armstrong portrays a young version of Miichael Myers
- Judy Greer as Karen Nelson
- Andi Matichak as Allyson Nelson
- Anthony Michael Hall as Tommy Doyle
- Kyle Richards as Lindsey Wallace,
- Robert Longstreet as Lonnie Elam
- Tristian Eggerling as young Lonnie Elam
- Nancy Stephens as Marion Chambers
- Charles Cyphers as Leigh Brackett,
- Dylan Arnold as Cameron Elam,
- Omar Dorsey as Sheriff Barker, Haddonfield’s sheriff.
- Jibrail Nantambu as Julian Morrisey
- Brian F. Durkin as Deputy Graham
- Carmela McNeal as Vanessa,
- Michael Smallwood as Marcus,
- Ryan Lewis as Deputy Sullivan
- Salem Collins as Christy
- Giselle Witt as Mindy
- J. Gaven Wilde as Dennis
- Diva Tyler as Sondra
- Mike Dupree as Ventriloquist
- John Flanagan as Paramedic
- Andy Bethea as Police Officer
‘Halloween Kills’ Premise
Continues in the next thrilling chapter of the Halloween series, Laurie Strode and her family work with new and old allies to form a mob against Michael Myers who is still loose in Haddonfield.
‘Halloween Kills’ Release date
Halloween Kills is scheduled to be released on October 15, 2021. It was originally set to be theatrically released on October 16, 2020.
But in July 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it was delayed a year later to October 15, 2021.
Trailer of ‘Halloween Kills’ Movie
Universal Pictures has dropped an official trailer for the upcoming film ‘Halloween Kills’ on June 25, 2021. You can watch it here:
So, how was the trailer? Did you like it? Do share your thoughts about it in the comments section given at the end of this post.
The good news, though, is that fans definitely won’t have to wait for longer than a year, with producer Jason Blum confirming that this will be the only delay to the film regardless of circumstance.
“Halloween Kills” is coming out in theaters on October 15, 2021.
So, these are the major information about the film. Are you ready to watch it? Are you excited for it? Let us know in the comments section given at the end of this post.