French toast is a classic breakfast dish that has been enjoyed for generations. It’s a versatile recipe that can be customized to your liking, whether you prefer it sweet or savory. In this post, we’ll go through the steps to make the perfect French toast, so let’s get started!
Table of Contents
What You’ll Need
- 4 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
Step 1: Mix the Batter
In a medium-sized bowl, beat the eggs until they are light and frothy. Then, add in the milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Mix everything together until it is well combined.
Step 2: Soak the Bread
Dip each slice of bread into the batter, making sure that both sides are coated evenly. Allow the bread to soak up the batter for about 30 seconds on each side.
Step 3: Cook the French Toast
In a non-stick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, place the soaked bread onto the skillet. Cook the French toast for about 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it is golden brown.
Step 4: Serve and Enjoy
Once the French toast is cooked, remove it from the skillet and place it onto a plate. You can add some powdered sugar or maple syrup on top, or any other toppings that you prefer. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Making Perfect French Toast
- Use day-old bread: French toast works best with stale or day-old bread because it will soak up the batter better than fresh bread.
- Add a pinch of salt: If you prefer your French toast to be a little bit savory, add a pinch of salt to the batter.
- Use different bread types: French toast can be made with any type of bread, from white bread to sourdough to brioche. Try experimenting with different types to see which one you prefer.
- Use a non-stick skillet: A non-stick skillet will ensure that your French toast doesn’t stick to the pan and burn.
- Add some toppings: French toast can be customized to your liking with different toppings, such as fresh fruit, whipped cream, or even Nutella!
Making French toast is a simple and delicious breakfast recipe that everyone can enjoy. With just a few ingredients and some basic cooking skills, you can whip up a batch of French toast in no time. So the next time you’re looking for a breakfast that’s both easy and tasty, give French toast a try!