If you’re like most iPhone users, your home screen is probably cluttered with a ton of apps that you hardly use. Not only does this make it difficult to find the apps you need, but it can also be overwhelming to look at. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution to this problem: creating folders. In this post, we’ll show you how to make folders on iPhone and organize your home screen like a pro.
What Are Folders?
Before we dive into the nitty-gritty of creating folders on iPhone, let’s first define what they are. A folder is a collection of apps that are grouped together based on a common theme. For example, you might create a folder for all of your social media apps or one for all of your games. By grouping apps together in this way, you can quickly find what you’re looking for and keep your home screen looking neat and tidy.
How to Make Folders on iPhone
Creating a folder on iPhone is a simple process that only takes a few seconds. Here’s how to do it:
- Press and hold the app icon you want to include in the folder until it starts to jiggle.
- Drag the app icon on top of another app that you want to include in the same folder. This will create a new folder with the two apps inside.
- Tap on the folder to open it.
- To add more apps to the folder, simply drag and drop them onto the folder icon.
- To remove an app from the folder, open the folder and drag the app icon out of the folder.
Pro Tip: You can also rename the folder by tapping on the name field and typing in a new name.
Creating Folders for Different Categories
Now that you know how to create a folder, it’s time to start organizing your home screen. One of the best ways to do this is by creating folders for different categories of apps. Here are a few categories to consider:
- Productivity Apps If you use your iPhone for work or school, you likely have a lot of productivity apps that help you stay organized and on top of your tasks. Consider creating a folder for these apps and including things like your calendar, to-do list, and note-taking app.
- Entertainment Apps If you’re a fan of movies, TV shows, or podcasts, you probably have a lot of entertainment apps on your iPhone. Creating a folder for these apps can help you quickly find what you’re looking for when you’re in the mood for some entertainment.
- Social Media Apps Social media apps like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are some of the most popular apps on iPhone. To keep your home screen from getting cluttered with these apps, consider creating a folder for them.
- Games If you’re a gamer, you likely have a lot of games installed on your iPhone. To keep them organized and easy to find, create a folder for your games.
- Health and Fitness Apps If you’re someone who likes to stay healthy and active, you probably have a lot of health and fitness apps on your iPhone. Consider creating a folder for these apps and including things like your workout app, calorie tracker, and meditation app.
Why You Should Create Folders on iPhone
Now that you know how to create folders on iPhone and the different categories you can use to organize your apps, let’s talk about why you should do this in the first place. Here are a few benefits of using folders on iPhone:
- Save Time By grouping apps together in folders, you can quickly find what you’re looking for without having to scroll through pages and pages of apps. This can save you a lot of time and frustration.