‘Flora & Ulysses’ is a 2021 American Adventure comedy family film. It is directed by Lena Khan from a screenplay by Brad Copeland.
The film is based on the children’s award winning novel of the same name by Kate DiCamillo.
Producers of this film are Gil Netter and James Powers. Katterli Frauenfelder are the executive producer.
Here’s everything about this film:
Table of Contents
‘Flora and Ulysses’ Cast: Who’s in ‘Flora & Ulysses’ cast?
- Matilda Lawler as Flora Buckman
- Emma Oliver as six-year-old Flora
- Alyson Hannigan as Phyllis Buckman, Flora’s romance-writer mother.
- Ben Schwartz as George Buckman, Flora’s struggling comic book writer father who works at an office supply store.
- Anna Deavere Smith as Dr. Meescham, the Buckmans’ neighbor.
- Janeane Garofalo as Marissa
- Benjamin Evan Ainsworth as William Spiver
- Danny Pudi as Miller
- Kate Micucci as Rita
- John Kassir as the vocal effects of Ulysses
- Darien Martin as Incandesto / Alfred T. Slipper
- Bobby Moynihan as Stanlee
- Nancy Robertson as Tootie Tickham
- Christine Lee as Journalist
- Jesse Reid as Chad
- Javier Lacroix as Donald
- David Milchard as Do-Nut World Cook
- Kyle Straut as Shobo
- Tori Katongo as The Mighty Condor
- Henry Mah as Binders Keepers’s unnamed regional manager that Chad answers to.
Matilda Lawler steps into the role of Flora, marking her film debut. She currently stars on Broadway as Honor Carney in Jez Butterworth’s Tony® Award–winning play “The Ferryman,” directed by Sam Mendes.
‘Flora and Ulysses’ Plot: What’s the story about?
The story centers on an imaginative, creative and cynical 10-year-old girl named Flora (Lawler).
She could hardly predict that the little squirrel she names Ulysses, she saved him from a tragic accident would be born anew and transformed into a superhero with the powers of strength, misspelled poetry and an uncanny knack which helping her and take them on an adventure of humorous complications that ultimately change Flora’s life forever. And the lovable but broken people in her life become a family again.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
‘Flora and Ulysses’ Trailer
Walt Disney Studios has released an official trailer for ‘Flora and Ulysses’ in Jan 14, 2021. You can check it here:
So, how was the trailer? Did you like it? Do share your thoughts about it in the comments section given at the end of this post.
‘Flora and Ulysses’ Release date
On May 31, 2018, it was announced that Disney was developing a film adaptation of Kate DiCamillo‘s novel Flora & Ulysses for their streaming service Disney+.
Filming wrapped on August 23, 2019. Post-production was done remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. On December 13, 2020, the film had been in Completed status.
Flora & Ulysses was released on February 19, 2021, on Disney+.
“Flora & Ulysses” is just one of many projects that were coming to Disney+. It released on February 19, 2021.
According to Rotten Tomatoes, the film received an average rating of 6.4/10. The website’s critics consensus about this film is “Agreeable if not exceptional, Flora and Ulysses offers a fun, funny, family-friendly diversion — and a furry twist on the superhero genre.”
According to Metacritic, the film received average score of 62 out of 100 based on ten critics, and “generally positive reviews”.
So, these are the major information about the film. Have you seen it? Do, share your thoughts about this movie in the comments section given at the end of this post.