It is based on the children’s award winning novel of the same name by Kate DiCamillo.
Producers of this film are Gil Netter and James Powers. Katterli Frauenfelder are the executive producer.
Table of Contents
‘Flora and Ulysses’ Cast: Who’s in ‘Flora & Ulysses’ cast?
- Matilda Lawler as Flora Buckman
- Emma Oliver as six-year-old Flora
- Alyson Hannigan as Phyllis Buckman, Flora’s romance-writer mother.
- Ben Schwartz as George Buckman, a struggling comic book writer and the father of Flora who works at an office supply store.
- Anna Deavere Smith as Dr. Meescham, the Buckmans’ neighbor.
- Janeane Garofalo as Marissa
- Benjamin Evan Ainsworth as William Spiver
- Danny Pudi as Miller
- Kate Micucci as Rita
- John Kassir as the vocal effects of Ulysses
- Darien Martin as Incandesto / Alfred T. Slipper
- Bobby Moynihan as Stanlee
- Nancy Robertson as Tootie Tickham
- Christine Lee as Journalist
- Jesse Reid as Chad
- Javier Lacroix as Donald
- David Milchard as Do-Nut World Cook
- Kyle Straut as Shobo
- Tori Katongo as The Mighty Condor
- Henry Mah as the unnamed regional manager of Binders Keepers that Chad answers to.
Matilda Lawler steps into the role of Flora, marking her film debut. She currently stars on Broadway as Honor Carney in Jez Butterworth’s Tony® Award–winning play “The Ferryman,” directed by Sam Mendes.
‘Flora and Ulysses’ Plot: What’s the story about?
The story centers on the imaginative, creative and cynical 10-year-old Flora (Lawler).
She could hardly predict that the little squirrel she saved from a tragic accident would be born anew and transformed into a superhero with the powers of strength, misspelled poetry and an uncanny knack for helping her and the lovable but broken people in her life become a family again.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
‘Flora and Ulysses’ Trailer
Walt Disney Studios has released an official trailer for ‘Flora and Ulysses’ in Jan 14, 2021. You can check it here:
So, how was the trailer? Did you like it? Do share your thoughts about it in the comments section given at the end of this post.
‘Flora and Ulysses’ Release date
On May 31, 2018, it was announced that Disney was developing a film adaptation of Kate DiCamillo‘s novel Flora & Ulysses for their streaming service Disney+.
Filming wrapped on August 23, 2019. Post-production was done remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On or about December 13, 2020, the film was in Completed status.
Flora & Ulysses was released on February 19, 2021, on Disney+.
“Flora & Ulysses” is just one of many projects that were coming to Disney+. It was released on February 19, 2021.
According to Rotten Tomatoes, 69% of 52 critics gave the film a positive review, with an average rating of 6.3/10. The website’s critics consensus reads “Agreeable if not exceptional, Flora and Ulysses offers a fun, funny, family-friendly diversion — and a furry twist on the superhero genre.”
According to Metacritic, which assigned it a weighted average score of 62 out of 100 based on ten critics, the film received “generally favorable reviews”.
So, these are the major information about the film. Have you seen it? Do, share your thoughts about this movie in the comments section given at the end of this post.