‘F9’ (alternatively known as ‘Fast & Furious 9’) is an upcoming American action film. It is directed by Justin Lin and written by Daniel Casey.
It is the sequel to The Fate of the Furious (2017). The film is the ninth main installment, and the tenth full-length film released overall in the Fast & Furious franchise.
It is the first film in the series since Fast & Furious 6 (2013) to be directed by Lin, and the first since 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) not to be written by Chris Morgan.
There have been a total of eight fast and furious films which have been released while the ninth movie will be releasing next year in 2021.
Fast and Furious is one of the most loved franchises in the world. The series has a massive fanbase around the world. It is mostly loved for attractive cars, chasing scenes, heists, and much more.
Paul Walker as Brian O’Conner, was one of the most loved characters in the franchise. After the death of Paul Walker in 2013, it was believed that Furious 7 would be the last film of the franchise.
However, the makers announced that more Fast and Furious movies will be made. Now, Fast and Furious 10 is being said to be the end of ‘The Fast Saga.’
But, what can we expect from this film? Here’s everything we know about it so far.
Table of Contents
‘Fast & Furious 9’ Cast
- Vin Diesel as Dominic Toretto, a former criminal and professional street racer. He has retired and settled down with his wife, Letty, and his son, Brian Marcos.
- Michelle Rodriguez as Letty Ortiz, Dom’s wife, and a former criminal and professional street racer.
- Tyrese Gibson as Roman Pearce, an ex-habitual offender and a member of Dom’s team.
- Chris “Ludacris” Bridges as Tej Parker, a mechanic from Miami and a member of Dom’s team.
- John Cena as Jakob Toretto, Dom and Mia’s brother. He is working as a master thief, assassin, and a high-performance driver.
- Jordana Brewster as Mia Toretto, Dom and Jakob’s sister. She is a former member of his team who has settled down with her partner, Brian O’Conner, and their two children.
- Nathalie Emmanuel as Ramsey, a British computer hacktivist and a member of Dom’s team.
- Sung Kang as Han Lue, a former member of Dom’s team who was believed to have been killed.
- Helen Mirren as Magdalene Shaw
- Charlize Theron as Cipher, a criminal mastermind, and cyberterrorist who teams up with Jakob.
Additionally, Lucas Black reprises his role as Sean Boswell from previous films, while Bow Wow and Jason Tobin also reprise their roles as Twinkie and Earl Hu from The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006), respectively.
Cardi B portrays Leysa, a woman who shares a history with Dom. Anna Sawai portrays Elle while Michael Rooker was cast as Buddy.
Additionally, Finn Cole, Vinnie Bennett, Ozuna, and Francis Ngannou have been cast in undisclosed roles.
The film will be the continuation of The Fate of the Furious. F9 will introduce us to Dominic Toretto’s brother Jakob Torreto, a deadly assassin played by John Cena.
Jakob joins hands with Cipher and they cause a massive problem to Dominic and his family.
Trailer of ‘Fast & Furious 9’
So, how was the trailer? Did you like it? Do share your thoughts about it in the comments section given at the end of this post.
Release date: ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Delayed for next year
F9 is scheduled to be released in the United States on June 25, 2021. F9 was previously scheduled to be theatrically released in the United States on April 19, 2019, April 10, 2020, May 22, 2020 by Universal Pictures.
It has pushed back its original release date by a year. Universal Studios, the company behind the “Fast & Furious” franchise, made the decision because of the impact that the fast-moving coronavirus is having on the global economy and the distribution landscape.
But on March 12, the film was pushed back 10 months to April 2, 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. On October 2, 2020, the film moved to May 28, 2021, after No Time to Die was moved to its release slot, before moving to its current date.
Several high-profile releases have moved their release date as the rate of infection has increased. “A Quiet Place Part II” has opted not to premiere in March and the James Bond adventure “No Time to Die” moved from April to November.
These moves come at a cost. There’s often tens of millions of dollars in lost marketing revenue.
‘F9’ will have to wait a little longer to launch into space, as the latest instalment of the franchise has been delayed once again.
The ninth title in the vroom-vroom-bang-bang series, will finally open in cinemas on 25 June, 2021 in the United States. It is scheduled to world premiere in South Korea and Taiwan on May 19, 2021.