‘Avatar 2’ (also known as James Cameron’s Avatar 2) is an upcoming American adventure science fiction film.
It is directed by James Cameron and produced by 20th Century Studios.
It is the second film in the Avatar franchise, following Avatar (2009).
Cameron is producing the film with Jon Landau, with Josh Friedman originally announced as Cameron’s co-writer; it was later announced that Cameron, Friedman, Rick Jaffa, Amanda Silver, and Shane Salerno took a part in the writing process of all sequels before being attributed separate scripts, making the eventual writing credits unclear.
But, what can we expect from this film? Here’s everything we know about it so far.
Table of Contents
‘Avatar 2’ Cast
- Sam Worthington as Jake Sully
- Zoe Saldana as Neytiri
- CCH Pounder as Mo’at
- Cliff Curtis as Tonowari
- Jamie Flatters as Neteyam
- Britain Dalton as Lo’ak
- Trinity Bliss as Tuktirey (“Tuk”)
- Bailey Bass as Tsireya (“Reya”)
- Filip Geljo as Aonung
- Duane Evans Jr. as Rotxo
- Kate Winslet as Ronal
Winslet called Ronal “a pivotal character in the ongoing story”, but also “relatively small comparative to the lengthy shoot”, as shooting all her scenes would only take a month. It marks her first time working with performance capture, or motion capture altogether; she, like most of the child cast, also had to learn free-diving for the film.
- Giovanni Ribisi as Parker Selfridge
- Joel David Moore as Dr. Norm Spellman
- Dileep Rao as Dr. Max Patel
- Matt Gerald as Corporal Lyle Wainfleet, despite the death of his character in the previous installment, Gerald was announced to reprise his role in August 2017.
- Jack Champion as Javier “Spider” Socorro
- Edie Falco as General Ardmore
- Brendan Cowell as Captain Mick Scoresby
- Michelle Yeoh as Dr. Karina Mogue
- Jemaine Clement as Dr. Ian Garvin, a marine biologist.
- Sigourney Weaver: Weaver originally appeared in the first film as Dr. Grace Augustine, a human who takes the side of the Na’vi and dies during the conflict. Although both Weaver and Cameron confirmed that she would return in the sequels, she stated in 2014 that she would not play the same character.
- Stephen Lang as Colonel Miles Quaritch, who led the forces of the RDA, the human organization colonizing Pandora, in their conflict with the Na’vi in the first film. Although the character died at the end of Avatar, Cameron confirmed in 2010 that Lang would return in the first three sequels, stating, “I’m not going to say exactly how we’re bringing him back, but it’s a science fiction story, after all. His character will evolve into really unexpected places across the arc of our new three-film saga.” He later stated that Quaritch would act as the main antagonist once again, in all four sequels. Lang’s role will involve motion capture.
- Oona Chaplin as Varang, a “strong and vibrant central character who spans the entire saga of the sequels”.
Vin Diesel and CJ Jones have been cast in undisclosed roles.
Read more: Avatar 3: Cast, Plot, Trailer, Release Date and Everything You Need to Know
‘Avatar 2’ Plot
‘Avatar 2’ Trailer
Trailer is not available yet. Sorry for this. With a 2022 release date we’re hoping for trailer till a early 2022.
We’ll update this as soon as there’s any official confirmation about the trailer.
When is ‘Avatar 2’ coming?
New Avatar is one of four planned sequels to the 2009 film Avatar, set to be released in December 16, 2022.
The film has been under development since 2010, and completed preproduction in 2017, with much of the motion capture and principal photography completed by early 2020. With filming having concluded in September 2020, the film is now in postproduction.
Why is Avatar 2 taking so long?
Avatar sequel was taking so long because of the cutting-edge technology that Cameron developed to show a new underwater world, which would use a new motion-capture system in massive sets built in New Zealand.
Read more: Jurassic World 3: Dominion Cast, Plot, Trailer, Release Date and All Updates About the Movie
These are the major information about the film. After 8 delays to its theatrical release ‘Avatar 2’ is finally set to be released on December 16, 2022.
Are you excited to watch it? Do share your thoughts about it in the comments section given at the end of this post.