‘A Quiet Place 2’ is an American horror sci-fi thriller film and the sequel to A Quiet Place (2018).
The sequel film was written and directed by John Krasinski and stars Emily Blunt, Millicent Simmonds, and Noah Jupe, who reprise their roles from the first film.
Cillian Murphy and Djimon Hounsou also joined the cast. Krasinski also reprises his role from the first film in newly-filmed flashback sequences.
But, what can we expect from this film? Here’s everything we know about it so far.
Table of Contents
‘A Quiet Place 2’ Cast Explained
- Emily Blunt as Evelyn Abbott
- Cillian Murphy as Emmett. Murphy described his character Emmett, “For me, Emmett represents where the heart of the world lies right now, which is: finally feeling like they’ve all given up. Here comes this girl [Regan] who allows you to believe in more, and allows you to believe in yourself. That idea, I’ve always been really enthralled by.”
- Millicent Simmonds as Regan Abbott, Lee and Evelyn’s deaf daughter and Marcus’s sister. Simmonds described her character’s evolution after the first film, “She has a lot of pressure to become an adult very quickly.” She has more of a leading role in the sequel, and according to Syfy Wire, “Deafness and ASL are inherently linked to the heroism of its heroine”. Simmonds worked with an ASL coach to make sure her signing and articulation were clean. She said she felt “a sense of pressure” being in a position to represent the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Noah Jupe as Marcus Abbott, Lee and Evelyn’s son and Regan’s brother
- Djimon Hounsou
- John Krasinski as Lee Abbott, Evelyn’s deceased husband and Regan and Marcus’s father. He appears in a few newly-filmed flashback sequences. Krasinski said he wrote himself into the sequel because the first film “was such a personal experience” and his “love letter” to his children. He said, “It was really important for me to continue the metaphor and we actually start dealing with how this all started.”
- Lauren-Ashley Cristiano
- Zachary Golinger
‘A Quiet Place 2’ Storyline
The Abbott family must now face the terrors of the outside world as they fight for survival in silence. Forced to venture into the unknown, they realize that the creatures that hunt by sound are not the only threats that lurk beyond the sand path.
Read more: Edge of Tomorrow 2: Cast, Plot, Trailer, Release Date and Everything You Need to Know
Trailer of ‘A Quiet Place 2’
Yes, there are two – and if the early signs are anything to go by, it looks like the sequel will be no less suspenseful than the original.
We see a flashback to the first appearance of the horrifying monsters as they destroy human civilisation, while Cillian Murphy also makes his debut as new character Emmett. You can check it here:
So, how was the trailer? Did you like it? Do share your thoughts about it in the comments section given at the end of this post.
‘A Quiet Place 2’ Release date
‘A Quiet Place Part II’ is scheduled to be released on May 28, 2021 in the United States by Paramount Pictures.
Although it was originally scheduled to hit UK cinemas on 20th March 2020. The release date was delayed until 4th September 2020, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
It was pushed back further along with Mulan and Top Gun: Maverick to 2021 and was then set for release on 23rd April, 2021 but it was again delayed to September 17, 2021. After that it was moved to May 28, 2021.
Director John Krasinski took to Instagram when the film initially moved to say that “due to the ever-changing circumstances of what’s going on in the world around us, now is clearly not the right time” for the film to be released.
View this post on Instagram
He went on to say that the film will be released at a time when “we can all see it together,” referencing the large groups of friends and family who experienced the first installment together.
Where is ”A Quiet Place Part II’ streaming?
You can now expect to see writer-director John Krasinski‘s highly anticipated sequel on May 28, 2021 in theaters.
Where I can watch a quiet place 2?
Watch A Quiet Place: Part 2 online on:
- Amazon Prime,
Paramount Pictures, the studio behind the first film, began development of the sequel in April 2018, following the box-office success of the first film.
In February 2019, Krasinski was hired to direct the film. Production took place in Western New York from June to September 2019.
Finally, the film had its world premiere in New York City on March 8, 2020, and is coming out in theatres on May 28, 2021.
Are you excited to watch it? Share your thoughts about this film in the comments section.